Calmoseptine Ointment is approved by the FDA for use as a skin protecting drug.
The FDA defines a skin protecting drug product as a product that temporarily protects injured or exposed skin or mucous membrane surfaces from harmful or annoying stimuli and may provide relief to such surfaces.
The ingredients in Calmoseptine Ointment
- Provide a physical moisture barrier, keeping feces, urine and wound drainage from intact and injured skin.
- Act as a counter-irritant, and temporarily relieve discomfort and itching from rashes, eczema, insect bites, and contact dermatitis such as poison ivy, oak and sumac.
- Menthol has been shown to cause vasodilation. This may increase circulation to an area and aid in healing.
- Mild antiseptic ingredients may help prevent secondary bacterial and fungal infections of the skin.
Uses for Calmoseptine Ointment Moisture Barrier Ointment
Calmoseptine Ointment was originally developed by a pharmacist for use as a diaper rash ointment for infants.Since its introduction 80 years ago, many other uses have been found. The following list has been compiled from feedback from doctors, nurses and other health care professionals who have used Calmoseptine Ointment.
- Diaper Rash in Full-Term Infants through Adults
- Skin Protection in Incontinent Adults
- Relieves Pain and Helps Promote Healing
- Skin Protection around Feeding and Drainage Tube Sites
- Protection for Peri-wound Skin
- Pain and Itch Relief in Lymphedema and Venous Stasis conditions – Calmoseptine Ointment can be used under compression therapy
- Stage 1 Pressure Ulcers
- Minor Burns, Cuts, Scrapes
- Skin Folds, other moist areas subject to fungal infections
- Perianal Soreness and Dermatitis
- Insect Bites
- Eczema and Psoriasis
- Contact Dermatitis including Poison Oak and Poison Ivy
- Rectal Itch, Hemorrhoids, Anal Fissures
- Perianal Protection with Ileoanal Reservoirs (J-pouches)
An OTC product ised and recommended by Pediatricians, Family Physicians, Colorectal Surgeons, Gastroenterologists, Podiatrists, Dermatologists, Oncologists, WOCNs, NPs, PAs, Hospitals, Clinics, Nursing Homes, Hospices & Palliative Care Facilities, Home Care Practitioners, and Veterinarians.
Please read label on product packaging. External use only.